LBZF 2019 Press Kit
Long Beach Zine Fest is a one-day free public festival showcasing zines, DIY culture, and independent print media.
Now in its fifth year, the print-powered celebration will bring 130+ independent zine publishers to the Expo Arts Center, along with live music, workshops, panels, and a curated food garden.
- Panels and workshops featuring a variety of print and zine sub-cultures
- Live music from Long Beach bands Large zine marketplace featuring 130+ independent zinesters
- All-day makerspace by The Studio at the Long Beach Public Library
- Expanded vendor garden, including vegan food court curated by LB Vegan
- Free bike valet and ample street parking
Highlights from past LBZFs
LBZF 2019 Details
Name: Long Beach Zine Fest 2019 or LBZF19
Date: Sunday, September 8, 2019
Time: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Venue: Expo Arts Center
Address: 4321 Atlantic Ave. Long Beach, CA 90807
Ages: All Ages / Family-friendly
Parking: Free street parking available, free bike valet provided, bikes encouraged
LONG BEACH, CA – Long Beach Zine Fest, a full-day festival celebrating independent publishing and print, is returning on Sunday, September 8, 2019 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Expo Arts Center in the Bixby Knolls area of Long Beach, CA.
The heart of LBZF is its zine marketplace, featuring more than 130 self-publishing writers, artists, photographers, and cultural storytellers from Long Beach, greater Southern California, and beyond.
Surrounding the marketplace is a curated selection of local food vendors and artisans, live music from Long Beach-based bands, and a full slate of creative workshops and panel discussions responding to the social and political moment.